Why am I getting a lot of SPAM
Unsolicited Email or SPAM as it is commonly known, can create a headache for individuals and businesses. While there is no way to prevent SPAM completely, there are some things to you can do to prevent SPAM and to block the SPAM that is coming in.
- Never use your work email to buy personal items online or to send bulk emails
- Don’t Send Forwards with your work email
- When asked for your email address on social networking Websites give a different address
- Do Not open suspicious emails as they may contain a worm that will distribute your email address.
- Don’t Surf Adult Websites!
- Don’t Visit Foreign Websites and provide them with your email address
- Use Spam Filters such as those found in McAfee, Norton, Trend Micro, etc… This won’t prevent spam, but will help filter our the good messages from the bad as well as protect you from worms and virus.
- Subscribe to an AntiSpam service like Postini. These systems filter out the spam before it hits your network and provide you with regular reports showing what was blocked at the server level. This serivice is available through VisionLine Media for $25.00 per email address per year.